Welcome to all creatives!
Are you a young student planning to take or are already taking the GCSE in Art & Design?Congratulations on finding your way here!
I bet you are responsible and hardworking. You are also dedicated, driven and independent in your learning. When you don’t know something, you will search for answers and ask for guidance, because you care about your performance. This course will help you complete your GCSE in Art studies stress-free!
Oftentimes art students who are taking GCSE in Art, are worried because they stay behind in their coursework, and feel this subject is too demanding and time-consuming. They love art but might not have enough time, or talent, or good support from their teachers. They start to feel the pressure and don’t know what to do.
This course will offer you an easy step-by-step process to help you achieve the most in the least amount of time, stress-free!
By the end of this course:
- You will be very clear about what is expected from you as a GCSE art student
- You will feel confident and know how to plan ahead
- You will be in control and know what steps to take
- You will use your time wisely and speed up your process
- You will enjoy making your art with no stress and create an outstanding portfolio!
This is the ultimate guide on how to prepare in advance, manage your coursework and succeed in your GCSE studies.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is for you if:
i -You are about to start your studies in GCSE Art & Design, but don't understand much about it and want to prepare in advance. It is important for you to understand that at this level the art lessons will be completely different from what you are used to; it's beyond just making pretty pictures now, and there is a lot more expected from you. But don't worry, you came to the right place!
ii- You are currently taking GCSE in Art and are in the middle of your studies, but are still not clear about what is expected from you and want to set an action plan. This course will be useful to you as it will remind you a few things, help you focus on what's important and perfect your portfolio.
Note: This course is to meant to complement your school studies and help you prepare for your final exam in order to help you achieve the best result. This course does not offer any exams or certificates.
This course is based on the 2 year GCSE qualification by Edexcel examination board, however, it is applicable to the other exam boards, such as the AQA, Eduqas, OCR, WJEC and CCEA, since the structure and the assessment objectives are very similar.
The focus of this course is not on developing practical skills, but on helping you plan and fulfill the 4 Assessment Objectives (marking criteria) to succeed on this qualification. As I already mentioned, it’s beyond making pretty pictures now. For the GCSE level you are expected to do research, develop ideas, explore and experiment, write about and analyse your art and other artists’ work, and create personal responses.
Nevertheless, I am also developing a new course dedicated fully on teaching you artistic skills, techniques & materials, and will be publishing this in the near future. Sign in my newsletter for future updates.
In this course you will access:
- Informative videos
- Examples of student’s work. We will analyse in detail lots of examples of students’ work specifically from the fine art title, but the advice given applies to all titles. This course is also useful for students who have chosen other titles besides fine art, such as graphic design, textile design, three-dimensional design, photography, and art, craft and design as the portfolio development, exam procedure and marking criteria are the same.
- Tips and advice on how to develop outstanding sketchbooks that will help you get your desired mark.
- Interactive PDF Guide with a step-to-step process on how to develop your sketchbooks from beginning to end.
- Exam Timetable Planner with guidance on how to prepare for your exam stress-free.
- A sample of a real Exam Paper
- Quizzes to test your knowledge at the end of each module.
For those students who are interested in more personal guidance, you can book alongside this course private coaching sessions with me, or choose to purchase the VIP Course instead which includes weekly live webinars where I interact with you directly, answer specific questions and give you direct feedback on your work.
No previous art or design qualifications required. Have access to computer and wifi connection.
Stella Karageorgi is a fine artist, a teacher, and a creativity consultant. Stella holds a Doctorate in Fine Art practice since 2013, from the De Montfort University in UK. Previously to that she studied her BA in Fine Art & Art History as a Fulbright Scholar in the USA, at the University of Texas, 2001-2005, and her postgraduate studies in the UK, at St.Martins College of Art & Design and the University of Northampton. Her intention is to help creative people unfold their greatest potential and guide them on their creative journey.
Stella currently offers private online tutoring for art students and mentoring for creative professionals, as well as consultation on various topics on creativity, art business, creative research methods, cultural heritage and many more.
Learn more about her at www.stellakarageorgi.com
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a fun, interactive and multimedia course to enhance and speed up your learning and improve your chances of success. Hope to see you there!